The hotel is owned by Mohammed Nuseibeh. It was built in 1870 and used as a clinic, office spaces and other purposes during its history. Mohammed Nuseibeh’s Engineering and Contracting Firm designed and managed the Nuseibeh Neighborhood, the first Palestinian Neighborhood in Beit Hanini from this location. The office building was converted to a hotel in 1997 providing the first such project since the 1967 war. It became a home for many diplomats and foreign dignitaries visiting Jerusalem and a focal point for Palestinian leadership meetings.