From the overlook, walkcarefully down the Mount of Olives to the Church of Dominus Flevit on the northern side, adjacent to the Jewish cemetery.
This is one of the famous churches, commemorating Christ’s vision of the destruction of Jerusalem, despite its development and prosperity, and where He cried, lamenting this fate of the city. This is a small, modern church, designed by Italian architect Parluchi in 1955, in the shape of a teardrop. The visitor should be careful exiting the church, where there are new archeological excavations. Walking down the Mount of Olives leads to the Russian Church of Mary Magdalene, with its classical, onion-shaped domes. Before connecting with the old Jerusalem-Jericho road to the left, one sees the Church of Gethsemane (Church of All Nations), the next station of this trail.