The residence of the Exarchate shared the vicissitudes of the wars and revolutions that took place between 1900 and 1973. In 1973, it purchased a property and settled definitively at 6 Chaldean Street. In 1986 the church of Saint Thomas was built along with other facilities that include the Saint Thomas Center for Pilgrims. The St. Thomas Home offers simple lodging for pilgrims to the Holy Land and commands sensational views of the Old City and the Russian compound towards the West.
St. Thomas Church